August 17-20th is National Contact Lens Health Week! We’d like to take this time to emphasize the importance of contact lens wear hygiene. To reduce the chance of eye infections, it’s paramount to do the following:
– If possible, wear daily disposables. Anything picked up throughout the day will be thrown away and not carried throughout the week/month which will reduce the risk of eye infections.
– Avoid sleeping over night in your lenses. Majority of contact lenses are not ADA approved for continuous wear. Sleeping over night in contacts can also cause moderate – severe irritation.
– Rinse your contact lenses with solution prior to putting them in your eyes
– Change your contact lens case every so often.
– If you prefer to wear bi-weekly or monthly contact lenses, it’s best to use Clear Care solution. Clear Care is a Hydrogen Peroxide based solution that you soak the lenses in for a minimum of 6 hours. This helps to take off any protein build up on the lenses.
If you have any questions about your contact lenses or are interested in contact lens wear, please contact us!
We hope to SEE you soon!