Let’s talk about the natural process of time- aging. Although there’s no way around it, there are things we can do to take care of ourselves.
– Eat healthy foods
– Drink lots of water
– Get the appropriate amount of rest
– Follow up with your doctors as directed
– Get a good 20 minutes of exercise each day- walking around the neighborhood is a good and easy way to get your blood flowing!
– If possible, take multivitamins.
– Mental health is just as important as physical health. Don’t forget to relieve some of that stress! You can do this by exercising, mediating, or simply doing more things that bring you joy.
How can this relate to your eyes? Everything is connected. Systemic diseases can show up in your eyes that may lead to decreased vision. Here’s what we can do that’s more specific to eye health:
– Follow up with your Optometrist / Ophthalmologist as directed
– Schedule an appointment if you notice any changes with your vision or if you experience an increase in pain, flashes, floaters, etc.
– Take eye specific vitamins such as AREDS or PreserVision
– Maintain a healthy diet. Consume foods high in antioxidants and Vitamins A, C, and E.
– Wear your glasses! The goal is to prevent any headaches and eyestrain.
– UV protection when outdoors is best.
– Take breaks from prolonged periods of reading and computer work.
Have questions or want to schedule an appointment? Give us a call!
We hope to SEE you soon!